richardstodart four immortals
The four Immortals represent the total exertion of a four-fold process of action. As reception and release in the breath cycle, it expresses itself in the following way:
1. Immortal Fire: Inspiration or idea of wonder.
2. Immortal Air: Luminous energy of the idea.
3. Immortal Water: Blueprint of the idea.
4. Immortal Earth: Expressive idea in action.
4. Immortal Earth: Unconditional relaxation in the totality of existence.
3. Immortal Water: Increased vision of nature's temporality.
2. Immortal Air: Direct experience of the temporality of all existence.
1. Immortal Fire: Realization of duality/nonduality as entwined vines of the existence-time.
For more information on how this process links to sitting meditation, please see Free and Easy Wandering: Markings On The Way.